What is Medical Tourism?
When the cost of curing your illness skyrockets in your own country, you can treat yourself in another country with world-class facilities, for a fraction of cost that you would pay otherwise in your homeland. You pay less, get cured and also take a holiday once you are up and running.
Why Medical Tourism?
Health Tourism can be undertaken for various reasons not only to cure illnesses but also to undertake cosmetic surgeries, dental care, and holistic wellbeing.
Some of the reasons for health tourism are:
- To avoid paying for costly treatments in your own country, which are not covered by insurance for being ‘pre-existing conditions’
- To avoid out-of-pocket expenses which your insurance plan doesn’t cover in your homeland and are cheaper in other countries
- To avail world-class facilities and a state of the art infrastructure that will facilitate speedy recovery
- To take a holiday after you cure yourself in that country, which you would have otherwise not planned, had you been in your own country. So get cured in a highly professional hospital, recover in a technologically superior environment and have fun in the sun and sand of this hospitable country.
Medical Travel Dos and Don’ts
Medical travel has the potential to become one of your most cherished memories, only if you follow the guidelines properly. Being healthy and enjoying a holiday becomes easy if all the instructions required are followed.
Some of them are given below
- Be enthusiastic and prepared to travel on a long journey. Treat all the flight delays and travel hassles as an adventure. Sleep well before you start
- Prepare a realistic estimate of the treatment and travel money that will be required. Being prepared for the bills in advance saves a lot of consternation later
- Photocopy all your important documents and keep one set with one of your family member
- Scan your passport, visa, important phone numbers, and medical records and store them in an email based account that is accessible easily
- Do not share your credit card and ATM card number and password to unknown people
- Find out about the weather conditions of the country and state you will visit. Knowing about the topography will enable you to be prepared on higher altitudes or extreme climates
- Do not keep all your valuables and important documents in one bag. Split them amongst different bags
- Do not keep all your clean clothes in one bag. Split amongst different bags. In case a baggage is lost or arrives late, you will still have your own clothes to wear
- Keep your necessary medicines, passport and one set of change of clothes in your cabin luggage. This will help if the luggage is displaced or delayed
- Check the medical equipment’s or other gadgets that you will carry to ensure that they work well and can be adapted in another country
- Carry the destination map, directions and itinerary in your handbag. In case you happen to be lost these things will come in handy
- Drink plenty of water and ensure that it is bottled
- Avoid road-side food that is raw or partially cooked
Some of the Popular Procedures facilitated by Divine Medicare
- Coronary heart bypass surgery (CABG)
- Heart valve replacement
- Hip resurfacing
- Hip replacement
- Total knee replacement
- Partial knee replacement
- Spinal cervical disc replacement
- Spinal cervical disc fusion
Some of the cosmetic surgeries that Divine Medicare facilitates are
- Lap-Band (Gastric Banding surgery)
- Gastric Bypass surgery
- Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck)
- Rhinoplasty (nose job)
- Breast implants
- Breast lift, breast reduction
- Face lift
- Arm lift
- Hair transplants
If you do not find the relevant treatment listed above, contact Divine Medicare.
|Procedure / Treatment||India ($)||USA ($)||UK (GBP)|
|Open Heart Surgery (CABG)||8,500||100,000||20,000|
|Total Knee Replacement||7,000||48,000||15,000|
|Spinal Decompression Fusion||8,500||60,000||32,100|
|Obesity Surgery (Gastric Bypass)||9,800||65,000||12,000|